Thursday 12 July 2007

Microsoft Partner Program

No, I'm not crazy. One of the multiple tasks I must face in my new job is to evaluate software licenses. As long as we are in the first phase of the company, we are evaluating different alternatives regarding Microsoft Software.

I'd like to say that I'm not an Open-Source or Free Software fanatic or, as I like to call them, "Taliban". I think that every companies aims to earn money, and even Open Source oriented companies have a business model.

Microsoft Partner Program is a very interesting initiative for small companies. In our case, a Mobile oriented ISV, it allows us to obtain software licenses for a very small amount of money, which enormously helps to start the activity. This way, Microsoft takes advantage from this situation because companies define their processes based on microsoft products. In my opinion, it is very difficult and rare to change those processes once they have been started.

Intelligent move.

No comments: