Monday 16 July 2007

Wii at the office!!!!!!!!


I'm not lying. We have bought a Philips 42" LCD TV 1080p and a Nintendo Wii. Both came last Friday. To be honest, I thought that this kind of initiatives were only possible in certain companies (e.g. Google, as they're happy to say). I used to think that having a videogames console at the office was not very interesting because there is so much work to do that the last thing you think about is playing videogames.

Obviously, I was wrong. We have spent little time playing Wii Tennis, and the results are interesting. I think people work happier. We only play on spare time, not on working time, so the benefits are obvious. Sometimes people argue about the long spare time reserved for meals. I do. But If I can waste my spare time playing Wii with the rest of the colleagues, those death times are less boring and more "productive". At least in terms of happiness.

Just one picture to illustrate the post.



Oh, I'm looking forward to receive the sofas!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Though this post is not related to Rails, but it's the last one in your blog, here some news of interest for your community.

In the next RailsConf Europe (Berlin, from September 17 to September
19), Alex Payne will give a talk titled "Really Scaling Rails"...

http://www.railsconfeurope.com/cs/railseurope2007/view/e_sess/14196

The full program is here
http://www.railsconfeurope.com/railseurope2007/schedule/

There's at least one more talk related to scaling, by Jason Hoffman
(Joyent's CTO).

Take it easy man, and have nice vacations, in case you have!

Ger

Anonymous said...

Great work.