Saturday 7 July 2007

Safari for windows

What's the point in releasing Safari for Windows? Several answers come into my mind. Anyway, I think that this is just a movement made by Apple to take advantange of the continuous hype surrounding this company.

Somebody told me once that Apple designs its products just for "poshes". Well I don't agree completely with this affirmation, I own an iPod nano, but in some cases its true. iPhone is actually the poshiest mobile phone in the world (appart from those mobiles that cost upto 3000€). The same can be said about Apple TV.

Another thing that comes into my mind is that Apple customers can be better described as "fans". My iMac, my MacBook, my iPhone and my iPod. All of them with the same appearance and very fashionable.

So, with this two things in mind, Who are the target customers for Safari for Windows? Just wannabes unable to afford "real" Mac Products?

I think that most people use Internet Explorer because of laziness. You know, it is integrated with windows, it does its job and most websites work properly with iExplorer. People using FireFox loves it because of the plugins, the configuration capabilites, and the extensions. Some sites refuse to load properly with Firefox. Well, that's a price to pay. I don't know much people using Opera. I know its an option, but few people seems to love it.

I think that the penetration of Safari will finally be residual, negligible. Of course, this is just an opinion. I haven't tested it yet, but I'll do during the weekend.

No comments: