Tuesday 31 July 2007

My toys

We have just received the MSDN Welcome kit with the software DVDs. It has made my think about myself. More concretely, about how do I behave in my job. Do you realize that we could be the only people that get exited when a new job tool is received?

Technicians (developers, programmers, software enthusiasts, etc...) get exited with a new mobile phone, new DVDs, new Software, a new Beta Relase (Visual Studio 2008), etc..
It has to be very strange for non-technical people to accept these behaviors, don't they?

Nevertheless, it feels like turning back to childhood. It feels like Christmas day with all those brand new toys waiting to be opened. Exciting. Sometimes frustrating, sometimes not. The day you receive a new "toy" is a different day. Everybody is more relaxed, happier and more productive. Fortunately, we are enjoying the start up of a new company, with plenty of new toys to open. Lucky us.

Just to conclude. If someday I lose this feeling about new things, tell me so. I'll probably have to change my job or go on holidays.

No comments: